BATO. Senator Bato dela Rosa speaks at the Bring Home PRRD rally at Liwasang Bonifacio in Manila on March 15, 2025.BATO. Senator Bato dela Rosa speaks at the Bring Home PRRD rally at Liwasang Bonifacio in Manila on March 15, 2025.

No immediate relief from SC on Bato Dela Rosa’s ICC warrant

2026/05/13 18:49
3분 읽기
이 콘텐츠에 대한 의견이나 우려 사항이 있으시면 [email protected]으로 연락주시기 바랍니다

MANILA, Philippines – The Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday, May 13, did not provide Senator Bato Dela Rosa immediate relief as it withheld a temporary restraining order (TRO) that would have blocked his possible arrest, following a warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC).

The High Court instead directed respondents to file their respective comments within 72 hours of receipt of the SC resolution. This means that a decision on Dela Rosa’s urgent manifestation seeking a TRO to block the warrant for his arrest will not be issued until Friday next week.

The justices will vote on whether or not to grant the TRO request only after receiving a comment and reply from the parties involved.

The SC’s resolution directed administration officials, including the justice department, to reply to Dela Rosa’s urgent manifestation within 72 hours. This excludes weekends.

“The SC held that this is without prejudice to the Court taking any interim or urgent measures as prayed for by Senator Dela Rosa, should it become necessary,” the High Court said.

After Dela Rosa was found criminally liable, the ICC Pre-Trial Chamber issued a warrant of arrest against the former Philippine National Police (PNP) who first implemented the drug war of former president Rodrigo Duterte.

The ICC warrant said Dela Rosa was allegedly involved in the creation of “a network of perpetrators” responsible for carrying out systematic killings under the war on drugs. Along with his co-perpetrators, Dela Rosa allegedly recruited “individuals they could trust and control.”

In November 2025 — months before the ICC confirmed its warrant — Dela Rosa immediately filed a petition with the High Court seeking to block it. At the time, it was Ombudsman Jesus Crispin “Boying” Remulla who revealed that an ICC warrant had been issued against the senator, a close ally of Duterte.

Dela Rosa had also asked the SC to order the Marcos administration not to enforce the warrant and to refrain from transmitting any ICC-related communication.

Must Read

Bato dela Rosa asks Supreme Court to block his ICC warrant

He had filed a separate petition, where he sought to compel Remulla to submit the supposed ICC warrant. The High Court already junked this challenge in November 2025.

Dela Rosa’s fate lies with the Supreme Court. He has repeatedly said he will continue taking refuge in the Senate until the High Court decides on his petition.

On Wednesday, May 14, Dela Rosa said he will honor any SC decision on his challenge.

Sabi ko nga, win or lose, ‘pag Supreme Court na nagsabi wala kayo magawa. Sundin natin ‘yan, kung ano’ng sinabi ng Supreme Court (As I said, win or lose, if the Supreme Curt rules, we cannot do anything. We will follow whatever the Supreme Court will say),” said Dela Rosa. – Rappler.com

시장 기회
시아코인 로고
시아코인 가격(SC)
$0.0009125
$0.0009125$0.0009125
-0.28%
USD
시아코인 (SC) 실시간 가격 차트
면책 조항: 본 사이트에 재게시된 글들은 공개 플랫폼에서 가져온 것으로 정보 제공 목적으로만 제공됩니다. 이는 반드시 MEXC의 견해를 반영하는 것은 아닙니다. 모든 권리는 원저자에게 있습니다. 제3자의 권리를 침해하는 콘텐츠가 있다고 판단될 경우, [email protected]으로 연락하여 삭제 요청을 해주시기 바랍니다. MEXC는 콘텐츠의 정확성, 완전성 또는 시의적절성에 대해 어떠한 보증도 하지 않으며, 제공된 정보에 기반하여 취해진 어떠한 조치에 대해서도 책임을 지지 않습니다. 본 콘텐츠는 금융, 법률 또는 기타 전문적인 조언을 구성하지 않으며, MEXC의 추천이나 보증으로 간주되어서는 안 됩니다.

No Chart Skills? Still Profit

No Chart Skills? Still ProfitNo Chart Skills? Still Profit

Copy top traders in 3s with auto trading!