The post $2,000 Tariff Rebates Will Come Next Year, Trump Says appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Topline President Donald Trump said the $2,000 tariff “dividend” he promised will be distributed next year—though the feasibility of the proposal is uncertain as Trump needs the support of Congress and it’s unclear what form the payments would be distributed in. President Donald Trump speaks to members of press aboard Air Force One on November 14, 2025 while in flight from Washington, DC to West Palm Beach International Airport. (Photo by Roberto Schmidt/Getty Images) Getty Images Key Facts Trump told reporters Friday aboard Air Force One the $2,000 payments would come “sometime next year, during the year,” adding, “we’ve taken in a lot of money from tariffs. The tariffs allow us to give a dividend.” Trump has repeatedly floated the idea, writing on Truth Social earlier this month, “a dividend of at least $2000 a person (not including high income people!) will be paid to everyone,” claiming the U.S. is able to make the payments because of his various economic achievements. Trump made the proposal while bashing opponents of his tariffs as “FOOLS,” days after both liberal and conservative Supreme Court justices cast doubt on his administration’s authority to impose the tariffs under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. Only Congress is authorized to spend federal dollars, however, and it’s unclear if Trump has the support to send out the money—or in what form the payments would be made. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent suggested the payments “could come in lots of forms,” including tax cuts that are already part of Trump’s signature policy legislation, the One Big Beautiful Bill Act. Injecting further uncertainty into the idea—about half of the revenue raised by Trump’s tariffs, $100 billion, is under review by the Supreme Court. Tangent Trump made a similar proposal with regard to savings his administration claimed were made by cuts… The post $2,000 Tariff Rebates Will Come Next Year, Trump Says appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Topline President Donald Trump said the $2,000 tariff “dividend” he promised will be distributed next year—though the feasibility of the proposal is uncertain as Trump needs the support of Congress and it’s unclear what form the payments would be distributed in. President Donald Trump speaks to members of press aboard Air Force One on November 14, 2025 while in flight from Washington, DC to West Palm Beach International Airport. (Photo by Roberto Schmidt/Getty Images) Getty Images Key Facts Trump told reporters Friday aboard Air Force One the $2,000 payments would come “sometime next year, during the year,” adding, “we’ve taken in a lot of money from tariffs. The tariffs allow us to give a dividend.” Trump has repeatedly floated the idea, writing on Truth Social earlier this month, “a dividend of at least $2000 a person (not including high income people!) will be paid to everyone,” claiming the U.S. is able to make the payments because of his various economic achievements. Trump made the proposal while bashing opponents of his tariffs as “FOOLS,” days after both liberal and conservative Supreme Court justices cast doubt on his administration’s authority to impose the tariffs under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. Only Congress is authorized to spend federal dollars, however, and it’s unclear if Trump has the support to send out the money—or in what form the payments would be made. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent suggested the payments “could come in lots of forms,” including tax cuts that are already part of Trump’s signature policy legislation, the One Big Beautiful Bill Act. Injecting further uncertainty into the idea—about half of the revenue raised by Trump’s tariffs, $100 billion, is under review by the Supreme Court. Tangent Trump made a similar proposal with regard to savings his administration claimed were made by cuts…

$2,000 Tariff Rebates Will Come Next Year, Trump Says

Topline

President Donald Trump said the $2,000 tariff “dividend” he promised will be distributed next year—though the feasibility of the proposal is uncertain as Trump needs the support of Congress and it’s unclear what form the payments would be distributed in.

President Donald Trump speaks to members of press aboard Air Force One on November 14, 2025 while in flight from Washington, DC to West Palm Beach International Airport. (Photo by Roberto Schmidt/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Key Facts

Trump told reporters Friday aboard Air Force One the $2,000 payments would come “sometime next year, during the year,” adding, “we’ve taken in a lot of money from tariffs. The tariffs allow us to give a dividend.”

Trump has repeatedly floated the idea, writing on Truth Social earlier this month, “a dividend of at least $2000 a person (not including high income people!) will be paid to everyone,” claiming the U.S. is able to make the payments because of his various economic achievements.

Trump made the proposal while bashing opponents of his tariffs as “FOOLS,” days after both liberal and conservative Supreme Court justices cast doubt on his administration’s authority to impose the tariffs under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act.

Only Congress is authorized to spend federal dollars, however, and it’s unclear if Trump has the support to send out the money—or in what form the payments would be made.

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent suggested the payments “could come in lots of forms,” including tax cuts that are already part of Trump’s signature policy legislation, the One Big Beautiful Bill Act.

Injecting further uncertainty into the idea—about half of the revenue raised by Trump’s tariffs, $100 billion, is under review by the Supreme Court.

Tangent

Trump made a similar proposal with regard to savings his administration claimed were made by cuts implemented by the Department of Government Efficiency. “We’re considering giving 20% of the DOGE savings to American citizens and 20% to paying down the debt,” he said in February, though checks never came to fruition.

Read More

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2025/11/15/trump-says-2000-tariff-rebates-will-come-sometime-next-year/

Market Opportunity
OFFICIAL TRUMP Logo
OFFICIAL TRUMP Price(TRUMP)
$3.675
$3.675$3.675
+8.12%
USD
OFFICIAL TRUMP (TRUMP) Live Price Chart
Disclaimer: The articles reposted on this site are sourced from public platforms and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of MEXC. All rights remain with the original authors. If you believe any content infringes on third-party rights, please contact [email protected] for removal. MEXC makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content and is not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided. The content does not constitute financial, legal, or other professional advice, nor should it be considered a recommendation or endorsement by MEXC.

You May Also Like

Meteora: JUP stakers will be eligible for MET token airdrops

Meteora: JUP stakers will be eligible for MET token airdrops

PANews reported on September 18 that Meteora officials confirmed in the community Discord that JUP stakers will be eligible for MET token airdrops. Earlier news, Meteora announced that it will conduct TGE in October , and the token will be MET.
Share
PANews2025/09/18 11:13
UK Looks to US to Adopt More Crypto-Friendly Approach

UK Looks to US to Adopt More Crypto-Friendly Approach

The post UK Looks to US to Adopt More Crypto-Friendly Approach appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. The UK and US are reportedly preparing to deepen cooperation on digital assets, with Britain looking to copy the Trump administration’s crypto-friendly stance in a bid to boost innovation.  UK Chancellor Rachel Reeves and US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent discussed on Tuesday how the two nations could strengthen their coordination on crypto, the Financial Times reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.  The discussions also involved representatives from crypto companies, including Coinbase, Circle Internet Group and Ripple, with executives from the Bank of America, Barclays and Citi also attending, according to the report. The agreement was made “last-minute” after crypto advocacy groups urged the UK government on Thursday to adopt a more open stance toward the industry, claiming its cautious approach to the sector has left the country lagging in innovation and policy.  Source: Rachel Reeves Deal to include stablecoins, look to unlock adoption Any deal between the countries is likely to include stablecoins, the Financial Times reported, an area of crypto that US President Donald Trump made a policy priority and in which his family has significant business interests. The Financial Times reported on Monday that UK crypto advocacy groups also slammed the Bank of England’s proposal to limit individual stablecoin holdings to between 10,000 British pounds ($13,650) and 20,000 pounds ($27,300), claiming it would be difficult and expensive to implement. UK banks appear to have slowed adoption too, with around 40% of 2,000 recently surveyed crypto investors saying that their banks had either blocked or delayed a payment to a crypto provider.  Many of these actions have been linked to concerns over volatility, fraud and scams. The UK has made some progress on crypto regulation recently, proposing a framework in May that would see crypto exchanges, dealers, and agents treated similarly to traditional finance firms, with…
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 02:21
Will Bitcoin price crash to $60k as bearish double top coincides with 5-week ETF outflows streak?

Will Bitcoin price crash to $60k as bearish double top coincides with 5-week ETF outflows streak?

Bitcoin price has formed a highly bearish pattern that hints at a potential crash to $60K as both institutional and retail confidence continued to erode in the
Share
Crypto.news2026/02/20 15:46