TEMPORARY VENUE. Students of Ramon Magsaysay High School flock to the Dr. Alejandro Albert Elementary School in Sampaloc, Manila, on July 29, 2024, while a new TEMPORARY VENUE. Students of Ramon Magsaysay High School flock to the Dr. Alejandro Albert Elementary School in Sampaloc, Manila, on July 29, 2024, while a new

DepEd eyes trimester system for school year 2026-2027

2026/02/13 18:48
Okuma süresi: 3 dk

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Education (DepEd) is proposing a trimester system for students from kindergarten to Grade 12.

Education Secretary Sonny Angara explained that the proposal, which is being eyed for school year 2026-2027, is part of a “holistic approach” for quality education.

Itinutulak natin ito upang magkaroon ng mas mahahabang, tuloy-tuloy na panahon ng pagkatuto, mas maayos na pacing ng mga aralin, at mas mababang administrative burden para sa ating mga guro,” he said in a statement on Friday, February 13.

(We are pushing this for longer, continuous learning time, better curriculum pacing, and less administrative burden for our teachers.)

Under the current system, the school year begins in June and ends in March, with a mid-school year break scheduled for the last week of October and a holiday break during the last two weeks of December. A school year has four quarters. 

With the proposed system, the school year will be divided into three academic terms:

  • first trimester – June to September
  • second trimester – September to December
  • third trimester – January to March

The DepEd said the proposed system will meet the 201 school days for the next academic year.

Must Read

FACT CHECK: PH not reverting to 4-year high school system, K to 12 still in effect

For each term, there will be an instructional block and an enrichment block.

The instructional block will be 54 to 61 days, which will be “dedicated to quality teaching and learning time, with minimal disruption of non-academic activities.”

Meanwhile, among the activities that will be done under the enrichment block will be “remediation and enrichment, grade computation, preparation and checking of school forms, and wellness break.”

For the first term, there will be an opening block for activities related to the opening of the school year.

“Scheduled breaks between terms will also provide teachers with time for planning, assessment, and professional tasks, helping improve overall instructional delivery,” the DepEd said.

Must Read

Mass promotion: Students don’t learn, teachers are ‘shock absorbers’

DepEd’s proposal comes after the Second Congressional Committee on Education (EDCOM 2) flagged “worrying declines in proficiency” across key stages or in grades 3, 6, 10, and 12.

Observances to be integrated into lessons

Moreover, part of the reform includes incorporating mandated school activities and celebrations into classroom instruction to avoid disruption of learning.

This could be in the form of integrating national and cultural celebrations into reading materials, writing exercises, science discussions, and project-based learning, or holding shorter in-class reflection activities or discussions instead of an entire day.

“DepEd data show that the current calendar structure has contributed to compressed instructional time, as schools must accommodate numerous mandated observances, reporting requirements, and administrative tasks,” the agency said.

EDCOM 2 earlier said that while activities and observances are valuable for a student’s learning, they take away time for core subjects.

It noted that about 150 legislated activities “crowd an already shortened school year.” – Rappler.com

Piyasa Fırsatı
FLock.io Logosu
FLock.io Fiyatı(FLOCK)
$0.06233
$0.06233$0.06233
+0.85%
USD
FLock.io (FLOCK) Canlı Fiyat Grafiği
Sorumluluk Reddi: Bu sitede yeniden yayınlanan makaleler, halka açık platformlardan alınmıştır ve yalnızca bilgilendirme amaçlıdır. MEXC'nin görüşlerini yansıtmayabilir. Tüm hakları telif sahiplerine aittir. Herhangi bir içeriğin üçüncü taraf haklarını ihlal ettiğini düşünüyorsanız, kaldırılması için lütfen [email protected] ile iletişime geçin. MEXC, içeriğin doğruluğu, eksiksizliği veya güncelliği konusunda hiçbir garanti vermez ve sağlanan bilgilere dayalı olarak alınan herhangi bir eylemden sorumlu değildir. İçerik, finansal, yasal veya diğer profesyonel tavsiye niteliğinde değildir ve MEXC tarafından bir tavsiye veya onay olarak değerlendirilmemelidir.

Ayrıca Şunları da Beğenebilirsiniz

Hadron Labs Launches Bitcoin Summer on Neutron, Offering 5–10% BTC Yield

Hadron Labs Launches Bitcoin Summer on Neutron, Offering 5–10% BTC Yield

Hadron Labs launches 'Bitcoin Summer' on Neutron, BTC vaults for WBTC, eBTC, solvBTC, uniBTC and USDC. Earn 5–10% BTC via maxBTC, with up to 10x looping.
Paylaş
Blockchainreporter2025/09/18 02:00
Another Nasdaq-Listed Company Announces Massive Bitcoin (BTC) Purchase! Becomes 14th Largest Company! – They’ll Also Invest in Trump-Linked Altcoin!

Another Nasdaq-Listed Company Announces Massive Bitcoin (BTC) Purchase! Becomes 14th Largest Company! – They’ll Also Invest in Trump-Linked Altcoin!

The post Another Nasdaq-Listed Company Announces Massive Bitcoin (BTC) Purchase! Becomes 14th Largest Company! – They’ll Also Invest in Trump-Linked Altcoin! appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. While the number of Bitcoin (BTC) treasury companies continues to increase day by day, another Nasdaq-listed company has announced its purchase of BTC. Accordingly, live broadcast and e-commerce company GD Culture Group announced a $787.5 million Bitcoin purchase agreement. According to the official statement, GD Culture Group announced that they have entered into an equity agreement to acquire assets worth $875 million, including 7,500 Bitcoins, from Pallas Capital Holding, a company registered in the British Virgin Islands. GD Culture will issue approximately 39.2 million shares of common stock in exchange for all of Pallas Capital’s assets, including $875.4 million worth of Bitcoin. GD Culture CEO Xiaojian Wang said the acquisition deal will directly support the company’s plan to build a strong and diversified crypto asset reserve while capitalizing on the growing institutional acceptance of Bitcoin as a reserve asset and store of value. With this acquisition, GD Culture is expected to become the 14th largest publicly traded Bitcoin holding company. The number of companies adopting Bitcoin treasury strategies has increased significantly, exceeding 190 by 2025. Immediately after the deal was announced, GD Culture shares fell 28.16% to $6.99, their biggest drop in a year. As you may also recall, GD Culture announced in May that it would create a cryptocurrency reserve. At this point, the company announced that they plan to invest in Bitcoin and President Donald Trump’s official meme coin, TRUMP token, through the issuance of up to $300 million in stock. *This is not investment advice. Follow our Telegram and Twitter account now for exclusive news, analytics and on-chain data! Source: https://en.bitcoinsistemi.com/another-nasdaq-listed-company-announces-massive-bitcoin-btc-purchase-becomes-14th-largest-company-theyll-also-invest-in-trump-linked-altcoin/
Paylaş
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 04:06
Shytoshi Kusama Addresses $2.4 Million Shibarium Bridge Exploit

Shytoshi Kusama Addresses $2.4 Million Shibarium Bridge Exploit

The post Shytoshi Kusama Addresses $2.4 Million Shibarium Bridge Exploit appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. The lead developer of Shiba Inu, Shytoshi Kusama, has publicly addressed the Shibarium bridge exploit that occurred recently, draining $2.4 million from the network. After days of speculation about his involvement in managing the crisis, the project leader broke his silence. Kusama emphasized that a special “war room” has been set up to restore stolen finances and enhance network security. The statement is his first official words since the bridge compromise occurred. “Although I am focusing on AI initiatives to benefit all our tokens, I remain with the developers and leadership in the war room,” Kusama posted on social media platform X. He dismissed claims that he had distanced himself from the project as “utterly preposterous.” The developer said that the reason behind his silence at first was strategic. Before he could make any statements publicly, he must have taken time to evaluate what he termed a complex and deep situation properly. Kusama also vowed to provide further updates in the official Shiba Inu channels as the team comes up with long-term solutions. As highlighted in our previous article, targeted Shibarium’s bridge infrastructure through a sophisticated attack vector. Hackers gained unauthorized access to validator signing keys, compromising the network’s security framework. The hackers executed a flash loan to acquire 4.6 million BONE ShibaSwap tokens. The validator power on the network was majority held by them after this purchase. They were able to transfer assets out of Shibarium with this control. The response of Shibarium developers was timely to limit the breach. They instantly halted all validator functions in order to avoid additional exploitation. The team proceeded to deposit the assets under staking in a multisig hardware wallet that is secure. External security companies were involved in the investigation effort. Hexens, Seal 911, and PeckShield are collaborating with internal developers to…
Paylaş
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 03:46