The post Polish CEO Who Snatched Hat From Child At US Open Finally Apologizes appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Topline After days of social-media shaming, Piotr Szczerek, the CEO of a Polish paving company who was captured on video snatching a tennis player’s hat from a child at the U.S. Open, issued an apology on what appears to be the official social media accounts, claiming he returned the hat to the young boy. Polish tennis player Kamil Majchrzak offered his hat to a young boy before it was snatched by a Polish CEO, in an incident that went viral online. (Photo by Sarah Stier/Getty Images) Getty Images Key Facts Szczerek posted a statement Monday morning to what appears to be the Facebook and Instagram pages for Drogbruk, his paving company, acknowledging his viral hat-snatching incident was a “grave mistake,” according to a Google translation. “I was convinced that the tennis player was passing the cap to me – for my sons, who had previously asked for autographs,” Szczerek said, referring to Kamil Majchrzak, the Polish tennis player who handed his hat to a young boy. Szczerek apologized to the boy and his family and said he has since returned the hat to him. Szczerek said other statements purporting to be from him, some of which have gone viral on social media, are not authentic. What Happened With The Viral Hat-Snatching Incident? Video of Szczerek appearing to snatch a hat from Majchrzak, who had just won a five-set match, went viral online. In the video, Majchrzak takes off the hat he was wearing and offers it to the boy before Szczerek, who was standing next to the child, snatches it. Majchrzak confirmed to the New York Post the man in the video is Szczerek, whom he said sponsors the Polish tennis federation. Majchrzak said there was “some kind of confusion” and did not initially realize Szczerek had taken the hat,… The post Polish CEO Who Snatched Hat From Child At US Open Finally Apologizes appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Topline After days of social-media shaming, Piotr Szczerek, the CEO of a Polish paving company who was captured on video snatching a tennis player’s hat from a child at the U.S. Open, issued an apology on what appears to be the official social media accounts, claiming he returned the hat to the young boy. Polish tennis player Kamil Majchrzak offered his hat to a young boy before it was snatched by a Polish CEO, in an incident that went viral online. (Photo by Sarah Stier/Getty Images) Getty Images Key Facts Szczerek posted a statement Monday morning to what appears to be the Facebook and Instagram pages for Drogbruk, his paving company, acknowledging his viral hat-snatching incident was a “grave mistake,” according to a Google translation. “I was convinced that the tennis player was passing the cap to me – for my sons, who had previously asked for autographs,” Szczerek said, referring to Kamil Majchrzak, the Polish tennis player who handed his hat to a young boy. Szczerek apologized to the boy and his family and said he has since returned the hat to him. Szczerek said other statements purporting to be from him, some of which have gone viral on social media, are not authentic. What Happened With The Viral Hat-Snatching Incident? Video of Szczerek appearing to snatch a hat from Majchrzak, who had just won a five-set match, went viral online. In the video, Majchrzak takes off the hat he was wearing and offers it to the boy before Szczerek, who was standing next to the child, snatches it. Majchrzak confirmed to the New York Post the man in the video is Szczerek, whom he said sponsors the Polish tennis federation. Majchrzak said there was “some kind of confusion” and did not initially realize Szczerek had taken the hat,…

Polish CEO Who Snatched Hat From Child At US Open Finally Apologizes

2025/09/02 00:21
Okuma süresi: 3 dk

Topline

After days of social-media shaming, Piotr Szczerek, the CEO of a Polish paving company who was captured on video snatching a tennis player’s hat from a child at the U.S. Open, issued an apology on what appears to be the official social media accounts, claiming he returned the hat to the young boy.

Polish tennis player Kamil Majchrzak offered his hat to a young boy before it was snatched by a Polish CEO, in an incident that went viral online. (Photo by Sarah Stier/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Key Facts

Szczerek posted a statement Monday morning to what appears to be the Facebook and Instagram pages for Drogbruk, his paving company, acknowledging his viral hat-snatching incident was a “grave mistake,” according to a Google translation.

“I was convinced that the tennis player was passing the cap to me – for my sons, who had previously asked for autographs,” Szczerek said, referring to Kamil Majchrzak, the Polish tennis player who handed his hat to a young boy.

Szczerek apologized to the boy and his family and said he has since returned the hat to him.

Szczerek said other statements purporting to be from him, some of which have gone viral on social media, are not authentic.

What Happened With The Viral Hat-Snatching Incident?

Video of Szczerek appearing to snatch a hat from Majchrzak, who had just won a five-set match, went viral online. In the video, Majchrzak takes off the hat he was wearing and offers it to the boy before Szczerek, who was standing next to the child, snatches it. Majchrzak confirmed to the New York Post the man in the video is Szczerek, whom he said sponsors the Polish tennis federation. Majchrzak said there was “some kind of confusion” and did not initially realize Szczerek had taken the hat, suggesting he was “acting in the moment of heat, in the moment of emotions.” Majchrzak posted to his Instagram on Sunday that he met the boy after the incident and gave him gifts, including a new hat.

Tangent

Szczerek was roasted online following the incident. One post on X, which was liked more than 150,000 times, branded Szczerek “selfish” and accused him of robbing a young boy of a memorable moment. Szczerek’s company was review-bombed across multiple platforms. On Yelp, Drogbruk has a one-star average rating, with more than 100 one-star reviews coming in over the weekend. The company also has a 1.4-star average rating on review platform Trustpilot. Szczerek’s caught-on-camera controversy drew some comparisons online to the viral Coldplay concert “kiss cam” incident, in which Astronomer CEO Andy Byron was caught embracing a woman who was not his wife and was an employee at his company. Byron and the employee quickly leapt out of frame, but the incident became a viral sensation and led to Byron’s resignation.

Further Reading

Tennis star Kamil Majchrzak meets young fan who had hat snatched from him in viral US Open video (CNN)

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormurray/2025/09/01/polish-ceo-who-snatched-us-open-hat-apologizes-for-grave-mistake-after-global-shaming/

Piyasa Fırsatı
Seed.Photo Logosu
Seed.Photo Fiyatı(PHOTO)
$0.20503
$0.20503$0.20503
+5.68%
USD
Seed.Photo (PHOTO) Canlı Fiyat Grafiği
Sorumluluk Reddi: Bu sitede yeniden yayınlanan makaleler, halka açık platformlardan alınmıştır ve yalnızca bilgilendirme amaçlıdır. MEXC'nin görüşlerini yansıtmayabilir. Tüm hakları telif sahiplerine aittir. Herhangi bir içeriğin üçüncü taraf haklarını ihlal ettiğini düşünüyorsanız, kaldırılması için lütfen [email protected] ile iletişime geçin. MEXC, içeriğin doğruluğu, eksiksizliği veya güncelliği konusunda hiçbir garanti vermez ve sağlanan bilgilere dayalı olarak alınan herhangi bir eylemden sorumlu değildir. İçerik, finansal, yasal veya diğer profesyonel tavsiye niteliğinde değildir ve MEXC tarafından bir tavsiye veya onay olarak değerlendirilmemelidir.

Ayrıca Şunları da Beğenebilirsiniz

This absurd spectacle provided a brief respite from Trump's horror show

This absurd spectacle provided a brief respite from Trump's horror show

Last week I watched the Attorney General of the United States sneer at the rule of law, and felt sick. I’ve been a federal trial lawyer for decades, and there was
Paylaş
Rawstory2026/02/22 18:30
A Netflix ‘KPop Demon Hunters’ Short Film Has Been Rated For Release

A Netflix ‘KPop Demon Hunters’ Short Film Has Been Rated For Release

The post A Netflix ‘KPop Demon Hunters’ Short Film Has Been Rated For Release appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. KPop Demon Hunters Netflix Everyone has wondered what may be the next step for KPop Demon Hunters as an IP, given its record-breaking success on Netflix. Now, the answer may be something exactly no one predicted. According to a new filing with the MPA, something called Debut: A KPop Demon Hunters Story has been rated PG by the ratings body. It’s listed alongside some other films, and this is obviously something that has not been publicly announced. A short film could be well, very short, a few minutes, and likely no more than ten. Even that might be pushing it. Using say, Pixar shorts as a reference, most are between 4 and 8 minutes. The original movie is an hour and 36 minutes. The “Debut” in the title indicates some sort of flashback, perhaps to when HUNTR/X first arrived on the scene before they blew up. Previously, director Maggie Kang has commented about how there were more backstory components that were supposed to be in the film that were cut, but hinted those could be explored in a sequel. But perhaps some may be put into a short here. I very much doubt those scenes were fully produced and simply cut, but perhaps they were finished up for this short film here. When would Debut: KPop Demon Hunters theoretically arrive? I’m not sure the other films on the list are much help. Dead of Winter is out in less than two weeks. Mother Mary does not have a release date. Ne Zha 2 came out earlier this year. I’ve only seen news stories saying The Perfect Gamble was supposed to come out in Q1 2025, but I’ve seen no evidence that it actually has. KPop Demon Hunters Netflix It could be sooner rather than later as Netflix looks to capitalize…
Paylaş
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 02:23
Kraken‑Backed Tokenized Stocks Surpasses $25 Billion in Volume

Kraken‑Backed Tokenized Stocks Surpasses $25 Billion in Volume

The post Kraken‑Backed Tokenized Stocks Surpasses $25 Billion in Volume appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. The xStocks framework has exceeded $25 billion in total
Paylaş
BitcoinEthereumNews2026/02/22 18:35